Monday, August 12, 2013

Director's satire on Mahesh Babu

Director Teja is a sensation in Telugu Film Industry, be it his films or working style or statements. Every time, our controversial maker addresses the media one can expect a hard-hitting satire on a celeb or the Industry. This time, his target is none other than Mahesh Babu who is known for his 'clean image'.

To a question of why he hasn't worked with stars after 'Nizam', Teja hitback, 'I won't work with stars. Even none of the them would be ready to work with me. I don't think our heroes have the maturity to attempt new kind of cinema. They work in a fixed format - slow motion walk, six fights and six songs. When I approached Mahesh Babu with the script of 'Nijam', he turned it down and done an utter flop flick 'Babi'. As I scored success with 'Jayam', he signed my film. Otherwise, why would he he work with me?'. 
On 'Nijam' being a flop, he responded, 'I have made 'Nijam' with Rs 6.5 crores. Till then, Mahesh used to charge Rs 40 lakhs as remuneration. But, we paid him Rs 1.5 crore (that's because its the next release after blockbuster 'Okkadu'). We have sold out the audio rights for Rs 2 crore and the theatrical rights for Rs 26 crore. As few buyers incurred some losses, we returned them certain amount. Still, we pocketed a profit of Rs 6 crores. Many of them weren't ignorant of these stats, thus the talk of flop arises'.

No comments:

Post a Comment